Monday, June 13, 2005

thread cross bookmark


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I couldn't resist using my steel hooks so I picked up some Aunt Lydia's #10 Crochet Thread in Shaded Purples.  I wanted to make a bookmark for my new bible.  I found this lovely pattern for a Forget-me-not Cross bookmark but I didn't have 2 colors and I didn't want a flower on it.  I just made it without and I absolutely love how it came out.  I'll be looking to make some more of these.  It's interesting to create stitches on such a small level.  I used a size 7 hook which is 1.7 mm. 

3 comments:

Janet Richards said...

You have been a busy bee! Congratulations on your first thread crochet - it's funny isn't it!

Jennifer said...

wow, those are small looking stitches. looks like it came out really pretty!

Christi said...

that is sooo beautiful!!!!