Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Room update

I'm not terribly proud of this pic because there is still so much to be done in this room to get it where I want/need it to be, but this is the room I've been using since our redo. I took this picture standing in the doorway looking towards the opposite corner.
Along the longest wall I have my 2-1/2 sewing tables/desks. I say 1/2 due to the fact that the last desk is in an "L" to this wall and only it's short edge is on the wall. SK sits on the first one, Serge on the second, the treadle table and BMK on the folding table from Jo facing the window. Next to that I'm keeping the rolls of fabrics that I get from her while I work on them, however these are all from completed projects. This wall will have my threads once I get the racks moved and also some shelves for my sm collection. . . It will probably be thinned somewhat I think, maybe, maybe not I'm still figuring that out.
Next is my baker's rack that has quickly gotten full of fabrics and supplies. I need to clean it off and probably move it to another wall but I have to move the thread racks first.
Anyway The biggest piece is my new cutting/ironing table. It's made from 4 Babee Tenda feeding tables at their highest setting and casters on, my folding pressing boards that I made back in October and now it's latest addition a cutting mat from Jo. She just keeps blessing me and blessing me. She had this and no longer used it so when I mentioned that I was going to look into getting one she produced it and now I don't have to invest in one. Thank you so much Jo for your generosity!!!! I think I want to have Rocky cut two holes in one end of this mat so that I can hang it on the wall when I want to press on my table, but I'm unsure of that plan. I have to determine if that will affect the use of the mat for the purposes it was intended for.
Under my table I have my sm collection sans 3 full sizers (Fashion Mate, Robin and a Brother I never blogged) that I plan to part with. My niece's unfinished Moses basket and a box of polyf-il for stuffing pillows.
In the corner you cannot see I have my little comfy green chair and of course my stash closet which also needs an overhaul and cleaning so that I can get some organization to this new stash of dec fabrics leftovers from my projects.
Since this room will probably be somebody's bedroom and I'll be sewing elsewhere we are trying to make the best use of it but not completely change it's function. I will probably try to get a piece of vinyl flooring to lay over the carpet to make dusting/pin cleanup easier and also to make it easier to roll my chair back and forth from station to station.
Also as time goes on I plan to actually develop my stations more for what I plan to use them for. For example Iron stand and holders for cutting instruments by the table, thread closer to the machines, all of the stashes in the closet area etc.
But for now, here it is! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

wow u guys have done a lot of work in this room! it's looking great

Janet Richards said...

I've got to see it - looks completely different.....I don't even recognize the room!