Saturday, December 30, 2006

Sock-a-thon

I started another pair yesterday. Here's the first sock. I guess if I get time later today I'll start the mate. This is worsted weight Reynolds' Odyssey 100% Merino wool. Very soft and cuddly. I can tell there's no synthetic stabilizing fiber in this yarn. I used size 5 needles and these knitted up even faster since I had a bigger gauge.
From looking at the ball of yarn I imagined a bigger differentiation in the striping pattern, it's very subtle without flash and at a glance hard to tell there are stripes at all. These will be great jeans socks with these colors.
Other projects in my mind but not yet started. . . camera bag and sock knitting bag. Stay tuned, but not too closely. Knowing my life it may be a while before I get around to them!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

man i really need to make some socks. these looks sooo commfy!! it's a nice color too