Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Grace Smarthandbag

I loved my mommy's bag so much I needed to make one for me. I was going to make it black just like hers, but after thinking about most of the colors I wear I decided to use brown. This is a twill brown fabric with a silver thread in it so it's almost shiny, but not really. It has a unique appearance. It goes well with most of the colors I wear so though I was thinking of making several base bags and then covers for various occassions I may just need this one, or maybe one other.
This pattern is really fun to make. The covers are even more fun. I have some ideas for covers and cannot wait to get some more time to put them together. The covers are very quick and easy to construct so I don't mind spending a little more time if needed to embelish them. My mom's covers so far all go with my bag and vice versa so that may be another neat factor, we can swap covers with eachother! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

oooo u got ur's finished. that's great!