Thursday, December 14, 2006

Stitch Sampler Grace Smarthandbag cover

The maker of this pattern used her Pfaff Creative sewing machine to demonstrate stitch sampling on both the Grace and Eliza Jane bags on her site. I really fell in love with the colors and uniqueness of those bags. When I got my pattern I emailed her and asked her how she created this technique as well as one other. She explained how she created the look.
I didn't want patchwork like her bags though so I decided to make my stitch sampler cover with stripes. I used a different color embroidery thread and different stitch pattern for each line.
I wanted to use the monograming feature as well so I picked scriptures that mean something to me to write out.
This side has Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."
I am in love with this cover. I had a lot of fun making it. Stitching out 29 rows of decorative stitches does take time though. . . hours of time. The actual construction of the cover once the stitching is complete takes only about 15 minutes though. When I started this one I was wanting to embroider a cover and couldn't settle on an embroidery pattern. I'm happy I made this one instead for now! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janet Richards said...

I love it!! I like the uniqueness, colors and patterns. Very, very nice. Can't wait to see it in person!