Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wallet #2

My first one was getting grubby. The fabric had too much light color and a surface that seemed to attract dirt. Honestly though it was more durable than other fabric, being home decorating fabric, probably intended for curtains or drapes, it was not meant to be handled like a wallet. So, I used some of my ideas from the first and made this one.
I learnded some lessons when making the first one so I luckily didn't repeat them. I am also much more familiar with my machine so making adjustments for the various materials was easier too, like knowing I needed the teflon foot and a sheet of paper any time the vinyl fabric came into contact with the presser foot.
This wallet is approximately the same size as the first one. I like small wallets. It is green micro suede on the outside and a combination of the same and another much lighter weight fabric on the inside.
I'm much happier with the finished product on this one, though there are still things I could tweek.
I think this fabric has a better chance of staying prettier for longer since it's microsuede and the interior is satiny. I don't think that either one will be as prone to attract dirt as the cotton for the first one.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karina said...

wow, that wallet is soo classy looking very nice!

Jennifer said...

i want a wallet :) these are sooo cute