Monday, January 01, 2007

breadmaking steps 1-3


Several of my friends have been telling of their homemade bread and how great it is so I decided to break out my gs $15 mixer and make some myself. My mommy used to make home made bread for our family all of the time but I never learned her skills and never really tried to make bread before except in my breadmachine. I was starting to think that I was a bread failure due to the fact that my breadmachine bread almost never came out right when I made it from a scratch recipe. I think I'll be getting rid of my machine. This yielded much better results!
Jennifer shared her recipe and after a quick trip to Wallyworld for some flaxseed and gluten I was in breadmaking business. It was not as difficult as I thought it may be, I think that had to do with the mixer doing most of the work for me. I will definately have to do this again and I want to try to experiment with some different recipes too! Thanks J for sharing!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

lol, dont' u just love how big it gets

Janet Richards said...

Yummmy! Looks very good! That's weird I was in the baking mood this weekend too - but I just ventured into junk muffins and cornbread - bravo for making yeast bread. :)

Home Ec Steph said...

bennettYour bread looks so good. Welcome to the ranks of all of us bread makers. LOL

Home Ec Steph said...

oops...the bennett wasn't suposed to be on there...