Thursday, January 18, 2007

Completed sock

At my sister's urging I finished the 2nd sock and it did go much faster so thanks Janet for the tip.
The fabric is a looser knit than I wanted. I think I used too big needles for this yarn. Now that I've convenced him to keep them on Mardie likes his new socks. Charmie is begging me for a pair. I see though that if Mardie's feet grow at all these won't fit him since they are almost an exact fit now.
I've got to experiment with making some more socks for them. I'm thinking though that the next pair will be dk or worsted weight but I may use some stash sock yarn.
These were from some Dancing Knit Picks yarn scraps my sis gave to me. There was just enough to make these with less than 5 yards to spare!
I have been turning around in my mind an idea for a scrappy project using sock yarn remnants.
I'm trying to decide if it will be a cardigan front with little squares, or a lapaghan. A dormmate in college made me a scrappy cardigan sweater with squares and like an idiot I either lost it or gave it away after I graduated. I know she put lots of time into that sweater now and I am so sad that I no longer have it.
If you have ideas or scraps to spare let me know!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

the socks look really cute

Janet Richards said...

The socks look great! Good job getting the 2nd one done, I should follow my advice - LOL. My problem is I have too many 2nd socks I'm working on all at once. Now you just have to make Charmie a pair. BTW - the yarn is Socketta not Dancing :)