Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Camera & Accessory case

I got a new digital camera for Christmas this year. I really deliberated over this because I wanted/needed some very specific features and had a budget to stay within. I also wanted to make sure that what I got was something that I could grow into. Since this camera has a lot of manual settings I can really start to experiment with photography.
Don't get me wrong. I love my old camera, it has been pretty faithful until we had a mishap on our summer vacation where the memory card lost it's formatting and all of the pictures. . . and wouldn't take any new ones. My biggest drive to upgrade from that camera was that my night time and moving subject shots were blurry and no matter what I did I couldn't get a clear shot.
When you are a mom of 2 boys under 4 you NEED a camera that can capture moving and dark shots or you miss memories.
Once I got the camera home I could see that the zoom lens was just too deep for my old case so I needed to get a larger one.
I thought for 1/2 a second about buying another one of those ugly black nylon cases but after that 1/2 second passed I realized I would much rather sew a pretty case for my new toy.
This fabric is really "me" (as if you couldn't tell from the fact that it coordinates with my blog theme and logo). Though it was really challenging I enjoyed making this case and am already brainstorming a case for my old camera to replace it's ugly black nylon one. . .
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

wow girl this looks great. man i'm sure this took alot of thought

Janet Richards said...

Slammin' camera bag!!! It looks really great.