Wednesday, October 03, 2007

3 out of 4 rays prefer. . .


I made pizza tonight for the first time from scratch. . . well I didn't make the sauce from scratch, that's next time, and I didn't make the pepperoni or the cheese, but I think you get the idea, this wasn't frozen or a kit. I used the Pizza dough recipe from Whole Foods for Whole Families LLL cookbook. I need a 2nd pizza pan or baking stone. I had to make my cheese only pizza in my 9x13 pan and the crust was all folded over on the ends.
Charmie said he didn't like the skin, which meant the dough and crust, but Mardie ate 3 slices and Rok and I had our share too! I'll definately be making this whole wheat pizza from now on vs. buying the frozen ones from the store. I felt so much healthier serving this and I'm glad it was enjoyed by most of our family. Charmie is under the weather so maybe when he's feeling better he'll enjoy it too. That and I'll never say never, but I am not planning to buy any more of the frozen ones and we aren't eating out very much anymore so this is probably the only pizza he'll be getting for a while.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pizza looks delicious. You did a beautiful job. mom