Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Zuri's dolly

I have been struggling with trying to find affordable safe toys for both Zuri and the boys. There are tons of toys available, but many are not safe. I knit some balls for the boys when they were smaller but I wanted to make something a little more complex for Zuri. Here's dolly. We'll have to name her later. . . she also needs some clothes. I decided vs. straight yarn hair to give her little french knots all over her head. Here hair looks like mine did when it was shorter. I don't know what Zuri's hair will be like, but I assume it will be somewhat curly.
I used some organic cotton yarn from Janet that is weight suitable for weaving with size 1 needles. She's based off Lucinda Guy's And So To Bed's Lula doll. The pattern includes knitted underwear, a dress and booties so those will be coming soon.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

she is really adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet Richards said...

She is too cute, I love the curly hair on top too!

Jenny said...

I absolutely ADORE/LOVE/COVET that dolly!!!

Virtuous said...

Ooh you must tell me how to get those patterns! And what yarn did you use for the body??

Too cute!!!

doreen said...

Janet can tell you the origin of the yarn. I think it's a 2ply foxfiber organic color grown cotton in oatmeal though. . .
Book ISBN 1-57076-329-1, hth.