Thursday, October 25, 2007

kitchen sink

Well here's my pic. I saw it first on Jennifer's blog but went to the source on Karina's. Here's what I see. I've been on this kick to keep my counters clear so this is how it really looks. . . and has for the last few weeks, no doctoring I swear!
Hanging above is my potrack since my pots and pans will fit into my cabinetry (stupid new construction). I have a sheer over my window. It's not hemmed or finished, just pinned into the valance. It went up a few weeks before the house next door was being constructed and the neighbors closed.
Behind the sheer are all of my daily cleansers; homemade window cleaner, veggie wash, spray bottle of plain water, 7th gen dish soap, and Melaleuca Tough and Tender multisurface cleanser. Also in the window are 2 cups of soil that the boys are gowing grass in for Awana, a smooth stone that means something to me I just don't remember what, a small statuette from a highschool friend, a Romanian wooden spoon from my ils travels and a little saying from a dear lifetime friend, "Piglet said, 'The Best Things come in Small Packages, don't they Pooh?' 'Yes, Piglet, very often they do.'"
On the counter from left to right Breville Juice Fountain Compact, PUR water resivoir, some Method soap, a dish towel, some dirty dishes, electric coffee pot and of course one of the microfiber towels that I use in place of paper.
Lacks character huh? But that's how I like it. Pretty clear and clutter free. I seem to get out of control if I allow clutter so I can't let it creep up or it's crazy!
I do plan to redo all of the window treatments in my dining and living room and this window in the kitchen will be part of that project. I'm sure I'll post when I do it, well that is if I make them myself.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks really nice

Karina said...

all nice clean! thats awesome!