Saturday, December 01, 2007

I felt like dying today. . .

I didn't feel like or have time for anything major.
I did get some housekeping done.
I went through some baby things to pull out more gender neutral things that I will probably use for Zuri. . .
We ran some errands as a family.
I shopped for groceries.
I decided I felt like dying



I had to make my potion.
I took some white distilled vinegar.
Some water, more than the vinegar.
And some cheap store brand drink mix.


These I combined into a glass casserole and mixed well.
I figured this concoction might just do the trick.
Then I got out two of the first soakers I ever knit.
They are knit with undyed, LB Fisherman's wool.
I started with Fruit Punch.
I chased it with Berry Punch.
After they were dyed I threw them into the wash on the short hot cold cycle with 2 dryer balls and the pretty stitch patterns turned into
felt. The colors are more vibrant that the photos show below

This soaker was a size large and is now a size small.
The one below was already felted some from large to medium and it is also now small.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

VERY cute! I love how the first one came out.

And gurl how about when I 1st read your blog title, I thought OMG! WHAT IS WRONG!?! Haha! :oD

Karina said...

love felted!