Saturday, March 19, 2005

Crochet Socks


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In case you hadn't realized that I have not posted anything else on my knitted sock, I've put it aside because it wasn't gratifying due to the fact that it was taking FOREVER!  I do intend to finish it, or frog it and make a different set of socks but I decided in the mean time I would try my hand at crocheting some socks.  This went much faster, especially since I used dc for the body portion of the sock.  I used sc for the toe and heel as they receive much more wear and used bpdc fpdc alternating to form the ribbing.  I like ankle socks for myself, especially in the summer and since warmer weather is approaching I saw no need to make this sock a long one.  It took two evenings so I'll start work on the mate tomorrow if I get some time.  I wish that the pattern would have striped up in the body of the sock instead of making this weird diagional thing but it's an original and it's handmade and that's what matters. . . no one else will have this exact sock!  Had I used sc instead of dc it would have.  I used LB Magic stripes.
The second one crocheted up much faster. After I finished the second one late this morning Charmie could't resist trying them on and doing his little happy dance!

No comments: