Saturday, March 12, 2005

My first Scrumble

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well last ngiht i was supposed to go to bed, but I could't. My mind kept thinking of crafting, and my woes over not receiveing via UPS a new crafting toy that I had gotten for my birthday from eBay. More on that later, as unless I was scammed I should receive it on Monday. Anyway I wanted to make a purse for myself and started looking through my stash for ideas. I remembered tha my sister had given me some balls of organic cotton Chenille from the birthday shawl she made for me so I thought I'd experiment with those. . . They were not enough so I was thinking what yarn could I combine them with and what could I do. Well I remembered my sister had mentioned free form crochet. A method of crocheting little bits and pieces in all different patterns and shapes and directions and I decided to see what would come of my scraps. So I started with my Chenille, it's the tan circle in the upper left of the piece and scrap by scrap added little bits in different stitches and directions. So far this really looks like a two dimensional bootie but it's going to be something else. I just had to stop. I think I really like this style after I got to looking at it. At first it didn't do anything for me, but after trying it it's really fun and creative.

1 comment:

Christi said...

That is really cool looking.. I cant wait to see what it becomes :)