Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Dye anyone


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com



I got some raw wool from my sis and wanted to use it in color vs. just raw so I dyed it. Here's the colorway. I used 4 packs of kool aid, one each lemonade, orange, strawberry and black cherry. I'm not sure what I'll make of this it's a very fine yarn like fingering weight or dk. I was thinking maybe a felted bag, but now I'm not sure. . .maybe something else to wear, socks? Shawl? I just had fun dying it. I will be doing some more later. She let me borrow her swift and ball winder this week so now I'm in dying business! I have some fisherman's wool as well that I need to put into hanks so that I can get to dying!

2 comments:

Janet Richards said...

it ended up very pretty, have you started to crochet it yet?

Christi said...

too cool! Cant wait to see what you make out of it!!