Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Ponchet

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I purchased some Red Heart Symphony in Persimmon before Christmas intending to make a poncho but put it off in lieu of other projects. . . Well my sister's poncho inspired me to make this ponchet today! It's worked with two strands together. It's a good weight this way. Very soft and a nice shoulder covering. I designed this myself after viewing some other "rectangle" poncho's and deciding that they were no rocket science. I used alternating front and back post dc around the neck to give it ribbing and cinch up the neckline.
For those of you looking to possibly try to use this yarn for a project be prepared for a fight. It works up beautifully but it's a mess to work with. It is composed of a center strand that is twisted around long fibers. As you pull the yarn from the skein/ball if the long fibers rub against another stand of the yarn they become entangled. If you get several of these strands together forget entangling it. You'll probably have to cut and rejoin it's that bad. This happened each time I started a ball, and BTW, it took 3 for this project. I wouldn't recommend this yarn to anyone, especially not beginners!

1 comment:

Janet Richards said...

pretty poncho! I like it, but it does sound like the yarn was a pain. Too bad :( But the results were worth it!