Thursday, March 17, 2005

Shirt Embroidery


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Well my embroidery thread came and I decided to see what I could do with a shirt. Silky threads are different from regular threads in that when you remove the thread cover it all starts to unwind. I think I need to get some thread sleeves to put over my thread to prevent this.

Placement is very difficult on garments versus squares of fabric with the tools that I have currently. I think I hooped and rehooped this shirt about 15 times and in the end it was still a little off but I decided to go ahead and try it as this shirt is an around the house shirt anyway. I will have to get some better tools to ensure that I am able to line up my hoops straight for future shirts though. Also I used a very stiff stabalizer and I think it was too much because the thread tension messed up some and the bobbin thread pulled to the front of my work in spots. I was basically playing when I made this and it was really fun. I'm looking forward to making many more shirts!

1 comment:

Janet Richards said...

Very cute, I like it! Looks like fun.