Sunday, May 07, 2006

Monkey? Acrobat? Gymnast? Wild Child?

First thing when Rocky get's home from work Charmie begs him to take his shirt off. If Charmie is wearing a shirt, he's begging to have his shirt off too so that he can be just like daddy. Then as Rocky relaxes in the living room Charmie begs to jump onto daddy's back. This normally means that Rocky has to sit a minimum of 2 feet away from the couch. Charmie gets onto the couch and jumps from the couch onto Rocky's back, normally knees first. I'm not sure exactly what he's trying to accomplish, but I remember similar stunts when I was small, with them decreasing in frequency as I grew older and larger with my own daddy. I can honestly say I don't think Charmie get's it all from Rocky. . .
That being said after he's done jumping repeatedly onto Rocky's back he wants to climb up onto Rocky's shouders and stand on them while Rocky sits there. He's been recently asking for more of a challenge though, he wanted Rocky to stand. Here's the first time that they did it. By the time I could get the camera ready Charmie had been up there for a while so Rocky and him were both a little tense. We've got to start finding some classes for Charmie to channel this energy/activity! It's neat to see a 2 year old have such balance and athletecism, but I'd rather he do these types of things in a gym! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

wow! charms does so good. this reminds me of mycah

doreen said...

LOL, it reminds me of when I first met Mycah too!

Karina said...

wow, amazing!