Tuesday, March 13, 2007

peanut butter





I made peanut butter today for the first time. I processed 2 cups of peanuts until they were creamy smooth butter. I must admit at first when the peanuts were processed into nut crumbles I had my doubts, but I continued processing and eventually it turned into butter. No more store bought peanut butter for the Rays. . . well not if I have my way. I bought some peanuts from Sams club, and you can see from the photo above that they contain some salt, they also have some peanut oil, but no sugar or other additives. The next time I buy nuts I will get some with no additives. Thanks mom and dad for the food processor! I really needed one, and like it. I'm sure I will have many more adventures with it!
An aside on me making things for the boys this morning Charmie had a glass of Strawberrt Bananna v8Fusion. A juice that is way too expensive, but accoding to it's markieting from v8, very healthy with it's full serving of fruits and veggies per glass. Anyway, my picky eater son asked me to take it away and make him some juice. He wanted me to juice him some juice. I was running short on time so I didn't but the fact that he asked for my fresh juice over the stuff he's been drinking and loving for months made me smile inside. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

ooo, i bet it taste great!!!!

and ya for charmie for asking for fresh juice!

Mandi said...

Rock on, Mama!

Karina said...

thats awesome! Yea for Charmie that is soo sweet!