Tuesday, March 13, 2007

makin' bread

These two loaves are our bread for the next two weeks. I took the same recipe that I have made before and formed two loaves instead of the one megaloaf. They are smaller than I hoped. I think it has to do with the fact that the yeast processed for longer than it should have due to Mardie needing me at bedtime last night.
I'm getting better at some parts of the bread making thing, but I forgot to cover the loaves for the rising step.
I should be getting a grain mill any day now. A friend of a friend is going to sell me hers. She upgraded to a stand alone mill so I am going to buy her Kitchen Aid stand mixer grain mill attachment. I already have my hard and soft wheat berries so I'm just waiting for the mill. I will have to figure out something to make with the flour I mill since I have alredy made the bread for the next two weeks.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

congratulations on ur bread! keep it up you'll get better and better