Monday, March 26, 2007

New Loaves


Today was the day to make our new loaves. I used the flour I milled for these. I had a problem with adding too much flour and possibly not kneading long enough because the loaf to the right is more moist, the loaf to the left was dryer and the loaf baby loaf was the leftover crumbles with water added to make a dough ball. I haven't sliced them yet to see their texture. But other than the dry/moist thing they came out perfect. I need to see if I can find a bigger recipe, or make this one bigger so that my loaves are larger. They don't get as big as I'd like. My loaf pans are glass and 9x5.25 so rather large. Maybe the recipe is fine for smaller pans??? I had no problems with release. I used the Mazola pure canola oil cooking spray and really liked it!
Charmie is already begging for bread so I guess I'll have to make him a snack with the baby loaf.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

they came out looking good..well, besides the ball...lol

Karina said...

They look nice and tasty....