Sunday, March 25, 2007

My machine collection

Well I've come to a point where I'm seriously considering thinning the herd. I don't have the time to tinker or play with my sewing machines like I'd like to. I plan to keep a few of my collection, but many are going to go. I have a bitter sweet feeling about this parting. I want my machines to be in use, cherished, loved, etc. I just have too many other pursuits going on right now to give them the attention they need.
I plan to keep SK, BMK, Serge, Baby Kenny, Genie, Singer 201, Peaches and maybe one of my Singer 99's or *85 series. I have to talk to my mom to see if she wants one. I have 2 in my attic and one on my kitchen counter that I haven't even blogged yet. I was keeping the attic ones for future "students" to loan out or use as they are great machines and in perfect working order. The one in the kitchen is needing to be cleaned up still, but it's sat there since last Nov. I oil it and turn the hand wheel occasionally. Just not so collectible. I just have too many to give proper care and feeding too. It's sad really. A mech's nightmare.
Anyway maybe their release can make some other sm mech happy and bring in a few $ for me to lend to another hobby. . .
As far as meching is concerned I did order a gear that Genie needs and plan to install it when it comes. This will be my biggest meching feat yet. I'm nervous and excited all at once. I pray I don't get in over my head. This is a complicated job as this gear is in the middle of the sewing machine and has other gears and belts and mechanisms tied to it so it's difficult to remove and difficult to put back in.
Pray for me y'all.
If you or someone you know are interested in picking up one of my gems just let me know. I've been over my machines with a fine tooth comb so I can give you information on it. I even may have some additional feet or accessories that I can let go depending on the machine that you are interested in. I'm going to be probably putting this collection on the bay. I'm not sure if I'll do it myself or farm the job out. It may be easier for me to let someone else sell them. I will keep you posted though.

No comments: