Friday, December 21, 2007

barter socks

This is the first pair of socks I made for someone else. . . For some reason I had a hard time finishing them. Other projects kept getting started, and then finished. I knit them on two circular needles which was a learning experience, and I also did a short row heel which was a new experience too. Both of those proved challenging as I knit these socks from my mind, vs. from a pattern and for new things I'm an instruction kind of girl.
These are for my dear friend Vicki. We bartered for some great Haba toys for Zuri that her daughters are done with and this is the first "installment" of payments. There will be more payments to come as I get the things done.
I hope Vicki likes them. I know it's tempting at this point to keep them for me!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janet Richards said...

They turned out great!!!! I love my green ones out of that yarn. I'm going to make some more with the other balls I bought!