Friday, December 14, 2007

Shhhhhh, can you help me keep a secret?

Here's a gift I made for Charmie. I still need to make Mardie's. This is an I Spy bag for those of you who have never seen one before. It's a bean bag with a clear window and filling that is pellets. Mixed in with the pellets are little charms and trinkets. Some are plastic, some are wood and and a few are bead, button, etc. type things. The goal is for the child to find or spy the items on the list, and some of them are very small so it's challenging to get them to rise up to the window for viewing.
I've been seeing these online for sale and I finally decided to try my hand at making one. It was more labor intensive than I originally imagined, but I think the 2nd and any subsequent ones will go faster.

On the back I have sewn on a list of the 40 things I've tucked inside for Charmie to find. This toy will probably be kept in the car for times when we need a quiet activity and are away from home.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww very cute! Ive seen these and thought about getting some for my girls. So awesome you made your own!

Karina said...

thats so cute!