Monday, December 10, 2007

fashion tabs

I decided to cloth diaper Zuri at the hospital. This is a new undertaking. The boys had their first cloth diapers at home. I am going to use flat diapers, single layers of cloth that are in large rectangles or squares that unfolded provide no protection for diapering, but are meant to be folded many times into other shapes to hold/contain pee and poo. They can be used without covers by being pinned on fastened with a snappi fastener or just held on with wraps. For ease in the hospital I will use wraps. My sis gave me these newborn wraps along with a ton of cloth dipaering things before Charmie was born. They have a notch for the umbilical cord cut out. I hardly used them for my boys moving quickly to wool covers and all in one diapers. When I decided to use flats and prefolds I realized that they are perfect for hospital use and our early cloth diapering days.
I had tried to hand paint them, but they are polyester and the fabric paint just washed out, and bled into the stitching. I didn't dye them for the same reason but I wanted them to be cute.
I was recently blessed to be able to purchase some PUL remnants and had a few free scraps given to me too. Since PUL is waterproof fabric I thought what a great choice to embelish diaper covers with. I sewed a little tab cover on and now the once plain covers are fashion covers!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karina said...

THat is soo awesome! I love it!

Christi said...

what a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice change from old rubber pants.

Barb.