Thursday, March 16, 2006

Chest Cover

Get your mind out of the gutter!



My family gifted Rocky and me with a beautiful cedar chest for our 5 year anniversary. I've always wanted one and now we have one. It's lovely. The lid cover has a pretty damask fabric. However with 2 little ones who think this is their personal table to jump off of and climb onto I opted to keep the plastic in tact as much as possible on the CREAM cover to keep it nice until I could sew a cover.
Image hosting by Photobucket



Well thanks to my dad's inspiration, mom's motivation and help I used some decorator fabric that I have been hoarding in my stash to use for my home and came up with this:


Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm all exicted now to sew some other things for our home. I've got tons of this fabric and it goes with the decor in almost every room so I've just got to get busy and sew sew sew!
Thanks MOM and DAD!!!XOXOXOX

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

awww too cool. yea when i was there and saw it with the plastic still on it i figured it was cause of the boys. my mom still has plastic on the chairs that the kids sit on.
this looks really nice. will definitly be beneficial until the boys are older and u can show of the cream color:)

Nik said...

I thought you were gonna keep it 'old school' and keep the plastic on until the children were out of the house *lol*

You're solution is much more tasteful, though.

doreen said...

LOL, The plastic IS still under my cover, so it still has that crinkly rustly slidy feeling under the cover I made, just like the plastic covers of my youth. I figure that way even if I have a sippy cup spill, or misc. body fluid spill the cream cover may still be preserved!

Karina said...

that is soo awesome! it is beautiful! great job!

Christi said...

WOW I think that is soo beautiful!

Janet Richards said...

I like your color and cover much better!

Karla said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL chest! I received a cedar "hope chest" for a high school graduation gift from my parents and I still have it and love it. That was 20 years ago that I graduated...wow, how time flies.