Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I've lost weight

6.7oz. to be exact. Not by any special diet or anything. . . I just shed my locks. I've been contemplating it for a while and finally yesterday decided. So. . . today after running another errand solo I stopped by the salon and got a little trim. No I'm not keeping them, I just brought them home for the sake of this photo.
Image hosting by Photobucket



Yes I'm very happy having shed my dreads. I loved them and hated them, and I'm sure eventually I'll miss them, but for now I'm enjoying my mini fro!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Now my little Mardie on the other hand, all of his life I've had locks so when I came home he freaked out. He didn't want me to hold him or anything, he was a little scared of me I think. Charmie immediately asked me if I had gotten a haircut. Rocky gave his stamp of approval which is all that matters. . . Mardie will come around later tonight when it's time to nurse, at that time he won't care if I've got locks or not!

6 comments:

Karina said...

Looks great, poor mardie!!!!

Jennifer said...

where did doreen go? i don't see her. but this does look like a friend i had 3 years ago.

i know ur happy having them off. i just have to get use to it. I'm glad u like it and that it will be easier for u

doreen said...

As of this morning, Mardie is officially fine! :D
Your friend from 3 years ago, lol, yeah I guess that would be about right. So. . . do you think I look 3 years younger, and childless? Or have the events of the past 3 years irreparabaly aged me?
(I'm not seriously soliciting a comment here! LOL)

Jennifer said...

shoot, i was gonna comment too:D

Christi said...

looks great :)

Queen said...

Greetings Doreen!

I just cut off 5 inches of my locs this Jan. I "Might" cut them off completely in Jan. 2007.

I've added you to my Knit Blog:
http://cinnamonpurls.blogspot.com

Take Care!