Monday, March 06, 2006

Pride before the fall

Well I have to admit that I've been wrong. . . Janet and Jennifer I give you many apologies. . . Janet to you first because you were right after all.(Implied I was wrong) Jennifer second because though you don't know it yet, I taught you how to knit wrong.
I'm so at a loss for words right now. My stockinette fabric didn't look twisted so I had no clue. Evidently twist my knit and my purl stitch so when I alternate rows of knit and purl I don't have a twisted stitch pattern. However when I knit in the round I do. :(
I decided to knit this sweater project that I'm currently working on in the round for the body part because I HATE sewing seams. I already have to sew the arm seams so I am doing everything I can to eliminate any more sewing. As I transitioned from my garter rib rows to the stockinette stitch rows I noticed that my stitches were getting awfully tight all of the sudden. I looked and couldn't believe it, my little v's were all twisted at the base. I reversed those stitches and knit the rest of the row through the back loop and then started knitting as I evidently should have been all along. I'm going to have to relearn purling too. Guess better now than later, huh?
Jennifer call me and I'll see if we can work through this hitch over the phone for you! I'm soooooo sorry. And I can echo Janet's wisdom and upside to my predicament, luckily I've only taught one person to knit so far!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL!!!! well well... so far my stockinette stitch looks just fine but then again i woudln't know if it didn't. well thankfully i haven't tried to make anything important yet...like my purse! u can fix ur wrongs this friday!!

Jennifer said...

lol thanks for the help it wasn't too major and not to hard to fix :)

Karina said...

Friday????what r yall doing????? anyway, i need to learn knitting cux all that language was foreign to me!

Janet Richards said...

You are twisted too - I always knew :) Don't think of it as being wrong - think of it as learning a new skill! :)

BTW - how many more tasks can they ask you to do before you can post a comment. I mean will they ask me to drip blood on the keyboard next! I know the spammers are annoying, but they should be able to allow you to set up people who can post to your blog :(

Jennifer said...

LOL, drip blood!