Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Yarning I shall go

I love yarn. I love making things with it, as a car sales man once called it. . . yarning. I think I see yarn and potential yarn almost everwhere I go, which is why it wasn't suprising that after I found myself wandering around my SUPER Wal-Mart earlier this evening, displaced because I couldn't find what I was actually looking for, (imagine that) I saw this yarn boa, levetating in front of me, beckoning me to bite in the accessories section. It was marked down on clearance to $1, and looked like yarn to me so of course I couldn't leave it and 4 of it's friends hanging there. I had to bring them home.
Image hosting by Photobucket

After looking closer I realized that it was a continuious strand of yarn, well 2 actually doubled and sewn down to a base of yarn. So out came my thread snips, and about 30 minutes later I had this.


Image hosting by Photobucket

Now I just have to do this 4 more times. I'm pondering what I shall yarn with this new addition to my yarn stash.

4 comments:

Karina said...

so cool!

Jennifer said...

oohhh cool glad u got it. and glad it was one piece. yea i can't wait to see what u will do with it!

Christi said...

LOL! you have a great eye :)

Janet Richards said...

Spoken like a true sister of mine! Yarn isn't so bad a weakness to gave - great find!