Thursday, March 09, 2006

Stripey

I finally finished a sweater that I started on my trip to Myrtle Beach almost 2 weeks ago. Here it is. It's my own pattern. . . but I designed it after a sweater that I saw and fell in love with in the Noro collection Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton's Book 2. I have no Noro, and no Book 2, though I found out after I started that my sister did have the book and I could have borrowed it.



Anyway It's pretty simple, instead of separate rectangles for the sleeves and the body, I did a continuous rectangle for all of the sleeves with an opening for the neckline. Then I picked up and knit the body part in the round and finished up by sewing up the sleeves. It has that favorite sweatshirt/ kimono/ weekend sweater feel.

I used 8 balls of Karaoke in Durango, a super soft wool/soysilk blend yarn that's self striping. I'll be looking to make anothe project from this yarn I loved it so much.
Image hosting by Photobucket

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

abosolutley gorgeous!!! i'm in love with it! awesome job!!

Christi said...

wow I really like that one!

Janet Richards said...

Woah - I LOVE how this turned out. You are inspiring me to finally finish a sweater! Great job!

Karina said...

that is sooo awesome, i love the neckline!!! very pretty!

Nik said...

that sweater looks good on you.