Monday, September 11, 2006

Another finally another one arrived! It weighed 30lbs. like this. I was excited to see what was inside, as I carried it in to the house I could hear movement inside and that's NEVER a good sign. I didn't know what to expect, pieces, projectiles, what was in the box?
I carefully cut it open and saw paper shreds sticking out and instantly knew this was not going to be good. Shredded paper can pad light things in a box like a sea shell from breaking, but something as heavy as a cast metal sewing machine just crushes the paper and goes wherever gravity takes it, which in this case is right through the case!
The machine cleaned up nicely. I haven't taken picutres of it cleaned up yet. I've got some other things I'm doing this evening and the plan is to retrofit this one with a hand crank and remove the motor so it will not look entirely like the photo once I'm done with it.
I will call this machine Cranky. She is a 99- model Singer, another 3/4 head machine! Posted by Picasa

No comments: