Thursday, September 28, 2006

Job 2

Here's a folded shot of my 2nd job. It's a shower curtain. It is folded vertically and when unfolded measures 76"x76" square. It is constructed of 2 decorator fabrics. I had to make piping from the stripe fabric on the bias for the join between the two fabrics. It is fully lined. All the ends and edges are finished and hidden. I've never done anything like this before (I think I'll be writing this statement a lot as I continue to work).
This was very challenging for me to figure out. I guess because it was new. I learned a few things. Don't try to continue to work when I'm tired. It leads to mistakes and wasted time. I need a bigger ironing surface which I hope to obtain this weekend. I don't have a gromet tool so I made button holes for the hangers to attach to. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

that looks good. congratulations on job #2. i think ur boss will be pleased :D

Sheila said...

Love the shower curtains.. I have made shower curtains from sheets.. yes sheets.. used a Shower Liner to protect the curtains.. the pattern was too nice for the bed. I purchased a king size sheet set.. and made rod pockets to slide over the retention rod.