Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Here's Cranky

Well She does not have a hand crank just yet. but here she is all cleaned and ready for use. I'm really loving tinkering with these older machines. They encourage me to problemsolve in a way that I haven't had to since before Charmie was born. It's fun for me.
Cranky needs a case/base as her original one was destroyed in transit to me. If I keep her electric she also needs a different belt as this one adds noise to her functioning. She runs very nicely after a sturdy cleaning and multiple applications of oil to her moving parts. I think she will be a great machine for quilting and piecing. I'm so glad to have her in my collection. She was born in Elizabeth NJ Singerfactory Elizabethport in 1956.
For those who want to know this was purchased from the seller taraloo on eBay the transaction is 270019637829 she handled this situation very poorly including leaving me retaliatory feedback. See for yourself what happened. Review the rest of the photos and my comments, especially those of the packaging job and destroyed case for Cranky. You can see from the rest of my blogging I care for and take pride in my machines so this entire transaction was horrible! My only regret is that I left her neutral instead of negative. I was afraid that she would leave me negative and ruin my feedback as she threatened me she would. But other potential buyers ought to know how she handled this auction. The sad thing is that she admitted that I wasn't the only one who was wronged. How can you say that and then say that this was my fault? Just plain sillyness! I am glad that this is finally over. I now have to either have a case built, or spend big bucks to buy a replacement. I've been searching but those original cases are not cheap! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

very nice! i'm so gald u finally got ur other machine!!! can't wait to see them all in person!

Karina said...

wow! you could open your own museum to sewing machines..... awwesome to have such a cute selection