Saturday, September 23, 2006

paper piecing

My buddies Karina and Jennifer visited this weekend and I learned something new. . .how to paper piece!
I think we probably waited too late in the evening to start. I had some patterns picked out that I want to make soon, if I ever get time, lol. They were too complicated according to the experts so I had a custom block hand drawn for my first project. After some confusion over the order of sewing I was instructed on how to position the fabrics and sew them together. You can see from the rule on the cutting mat this square is now about 3.75". It was slightly bigger but needed to be trimmed. These pieces are small, but not as tiny as some I've seen. I'm happy with the block though. The colors are not showing up as vibrant as they are in real life. . . maybe the mat? maybe the lighting and lack of flash??? Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

ur block looks awesome, and i can't believe how fast u caught on. ur an expert now :)

Karina said...

yes we had fun! thanks for having us!