Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Goldie

Here is my latest addition. She's a 99 model like Cranky but much much older. She's from 1928.
I had a mishap while cleaning her and used too harsh chemicals hence her name. Many of her beautiful decals silvered. I was very very sad but it's all a learning process. She is probably one of the last machines I will collect for a while. I need to devote my money coming in to buy business supplies. Her case is in good condition for her age, 78 years old! I was looking at her as a solution for Cranky's case, but after getting her from a silent auction I tinkered with her and there's nothing wrong with her, the bobbin case was just inserted improperly. She needs a knee bar controller to sew with her motor. It inserts into the little hole in the front of her base. She came with no accessories or manual, the bobbin cover is missing so I need to buy a replacement. She just had her cord, a bobbin and this case!
There's a lot to be said for improvements in design between Goldie and Cranky. There is no stitch lenght adjustment that I can discern and the tension assembly is much smaller and unmarked. I will enjoy once I complete her sewing a little something on her.
Though I damaged her decals, she is still a very beautiful machine! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

wow i didn't know you were getting another so sooo. congratulations!! she looks cool. i love the way the old machines look