Saturday, September 09, 2006

So what have I really been up to???

I have kind of shifted focus, just for a few weeks, away from creativity to something else that I enjoy probably way too much. That is getting new toys.
I've been eBaying, shopping at all kinds of 2nd hand shops locally and responding to freecycle adds and just gathering pretty much since we returned from camp. Maybe I'm a squirel inside and this is my way of getting ready for winter. (at MOPS we had Icebreakers the first meeting and one of the questions is what animal would I describe myself as. I couldn't think of one, but I think right now squirel fits very nicely. I'll let you figure it out watch over the hedge).
Anyway I haven't been crafting too much but I believe that soon that will change. I've been trying to build my mini/vintage sewing machine collection and my eBay experiences have not been super fun with waiting for slow shippers and people who don't do what they say they will do so I'm moving past that back to something that I have a little more control over and frankly is more productive. Making things! :D
My persuits have gotten me 5 sewing machines (two still in route from eBay auctions see above), two sets of Denise needles, the upper set in tan and baby blue I won from eBay and is from the late 70's early 80's and works with the bottom set in white and navy wich I'm buying from my sis, a bag of yarn, two garbage bags of fabric, a really nice iron, two lbs. of polymer clay, a few new grey hairs and some sewing instruction books.
I am pleased with my take, well not the grey hair, but what good can you really "get" without hard work?
I also destashed. Crochet and knitting patterns, yarn and a tiny bit of fabric. I'm even selling a sewing machine and will probably also sell the Fashion Mate. My mommy wants a smaller machine than the 237 and I asked her if she would mind a handcrank. She said it was fine so when my vintage singer finally arrives my plans are to convert it and probably loan it to my mommy as she has no sewing machine now. It was good to destash after gathering so much. I found stuff I forgot I had.
Finding those future projects in balls of yarn and folds of fabric inspired me. You'll be seing more of the crafty side of me again soon, but for now it's way late here and I sit blogging again. . .guess I need to get up and go to bed. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

lol. congratulations on all ur great findings!!! except the grey hair...lol. sorry about the bad ebay people

Janet Richards said...

I guess I'm really behind on your blog! I see you have had lots of adventures.