Thursday, September 14, 2006

How many ways???

can I redo this space? Well I did it again. I rearranged my room. I thought I could make better use of the space with this arrangement and as of right now I like it. . . of course whenever I rearrange the space I always like it for a while.
I moved the tables back to back and arranged the machines around them in different centers. I don't have room for a formal cutting table in this room unless I get rid of some of my other furniture so I put my cutting mat at the end of my sewing table on the drop leaf. It fits perfectly there.
I have SK or any of my other machines to sew, piece, quilt on so I'm going to turn BMK totally into an embroidery only machine. I don't need to have a foot pedal attached or have her ergonomically positioned for that matter with using her this way. I just need clearance for the embroidery arm and I have that with her against the wall like this. If I choose I can reverse the seat from the computer desk and pivot BMK around to sew on her, or have a more ergonomic position for embroidery work.
As far as serge is concerned I moved him away from my sewing area and placed him between the tables in the bend of the "L" they form by their different lengths. This way I can have more room for sewing. I will have to make minor adjustments if I want to use my extension table on SK with him here. When I have to use him though I will have more room to manuver my fabric with him in this position and lots of room to sit in the "L" space. This feels like having 4 separate desks! One each for BMK, SK and Serge and a cutting desk.
I will take some more pictures soon. I think will get another 3 drawer chest to fit under the cutting area of my sewing table. Since the back side is facing outward instead of against a wall I have room now to have a chest under there. I will store knitting and crochet tools, embroidery machine and quilting supplies like stabilizer and rulers in there since they don't need to be accessible to the sewing side of my table.
I may also get some sort of chest for under my treadle base table. I'm not sure on that one yet though. I will have to decide if I want one and then try to find one that fits there if I do.
For orientation purposes for those who know my space I'm standing in front of the book case. The closet is behind my sewing chair and the computer desk is on the treadle base table side.
Oh, Rok will be happy because this arrangement gives more room for the person sitting at the computer desk to manuver.
As I was going through the room to rearrange and clean (it had gotten horribly messy from dumping) I destashed a garbage bag of fabrics. :D I'm getting ready for a destash party. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

lol, i can't believe all the ways u come up with for this little space. it's looking good though :)

Karina said...

awesome, enjoy your "new" space!

Janet Richards said...

I will have to come by and see your space, it has changed a lot since I ws last there!