Friday, April 21, 2006

Denim Hem

I know that this is a dorky to blog, but I'm feeling accomplishment so I figured I would go ahead and blog it before I loose my nerve. I'm short and high waisted so pants, especially jeans NEVER fit right. Well hardly ever fit right so I normally end up with pants either too long or too short. Petite's are not made for people like me so they are high water's and regular cut is always dusting the ground.
I finally got up the nerve to try to alter some pants. I had some new jeans that were perfect except for the length. I went and bought denim thread, which btw, is super thick. I changed my needle to the thickest one that I could find and sewed away. I guess it really wasn't that easy because I had to keep measuring and pressing and checking to ensure that I didn't whack them off too short or sew them and have them be still too long. It's actually hard to measure pants lenght on yourself. . . at least it was for me. But after taking off the excess and then hemming the pants I have the perfect jeans. :D Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Karina said...

wow, you did great, you should always post your accomplishments!

Jennifer said...

awesome! that hem looks really nice. good thing u tried or u would of never known :)

Christi said...

that is soo awesome! I need to do that to a pair of maternity pants I just bought online that fit perfect except for length :(

Erica Bunker said...

You did a great job! I would never have known you made that alteration yourself! You should be proud of your accomplishment!