Friday, April 28, 2006

Practice towel embroider

I need to embroider some towels and I have never done it before so I needed to practice. I finally got the last supplies that I needed to be successful today. Spray quilt basting is what I used. The bobbin ran out part of the way through, that was my fault. Otherwise I'm happy with the result. This may look a little weird, it's damp. I had to dampen it to melt away the stabilizer.
It was a good lesson in several things, positioning on towels, using sticky stabilizer and h2o soluble stabilizer sandwich, and as always taking my time so that I don't miss steps. After I finish my gift towels I will have to embroider some of our other towels. This was really fun! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karina said...

i think this is very pretty!

Jennifer said...

that looks really neat. this gives them such a nice touch.