Thursday, April 27, 2006

Yet another sewing room redo.

Well it didn't take long. . . I changed my sewing room/office again. I am pleased with the layout. Basically I just rotated the sewing desk and new embroidery table 1/4 turn to the left. It was bugging me that I couldn't access my drawers in the closet without having to do acrobatics. So many times I would just give up looking for yarn or fabric because I was having to vault my sewing table to do it. Here's the first view from the doorway looking in. I have a 5'x5'' area plus the closet stash storage space within the "L" of my tables and implied imaginary walls that it would make if I turned the "L" into a box.
Though this limits the space we have while sitting at the computer desk, there's still plenty of room and it really defines my sewing area as a separate entity. I need to sew covers for my sewing machine and embroidery machine, sew a cushion/cover for my sewing folding chair, and a cover/additional cushion for my comfy chair as projects for the near future. I'm trying to decide how elaborate I want/need them to be. I'll be designing the patterns as I go. I'm sure I'll be adding or changing things at some point in the future. I'll take more pictures then. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karina said...

I really like this, I like how it almost makes it a whole new area all by itself. I love it all, its nice to have an area for you stuff:)

Jennifer said...

that area looks good. keeps getting better and better!