Thursday, April 06, 2006

Embroidery on knits

Well here's the knit top that I repeatedly almost ruined, but wouldn't quit trying on because for some reason I LOVE to wear it. . . at least I did before I embroidered it. The embroidery is just the lettering. The flowers are cut from knit fabric and I appliqued them on, and I don't know what I'm doing appliqueing at all, but my first attempts to embroider left some serious holes and I needed to cover them up. The larger flower is outlined in blanket stitch, the smaller one in feather stitch, neither the best choice, but I was playing around. I've learned some things through this project, like I really really need a good machine embroidery book for starters, and some stabilation things for knits, and super important, my pe150 takes a SHORT bobbin! Posted by Picasa

3 comments: