Friday, April 28, 2006

Shirt for my mommy

When I first bought my other embroidery machine I intended to embroider some t-shirts and never got around to it, probably because I didn't know enough about stabilizing and hooping placement to ensure that I A) didn't eat the shirt and B) got the placement right.
Today I experimented and stitched out a design for my mommy with a heart and her name on one of the shirts. I was wishing I had a larger color selection for thread, and I will in a few days, but here's the result with what I had. A few times the bobbin thread came to the front, I have to learn how to fix tension problems, but overall it stitched out very nicely. . . I'm going to have to do another shirt for me with this new machine. And the clothsetter made all the difference in the world as far as placement goes. It was wonderful to be able to hoop without fighting a tiny plastic template and having it pop out on me and shift across the fabric. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christi said...

very cool!

Janet Richards said...

Awwww - very, nice! Nice model too :)

Karina said...

awww and she looks soo happy!