Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Folding Car Mat

I've been eyeballing those city map carpets for some time, but I didn't want something that was down on the floor all the time. I didn't want something I couldn't clean, I didn't want something filled with carpet chemicals. I wanted something that I could lay down for play, and put away when not being played with. I finally found this panel for Matchbox cars called Hero City. It has a Mall, Pier, Park, Fire Station, and other places that would be in the city and interconnecting roads. Charmie's big into Heroes and his Matchbox cars right now so he loves this mat. Mardie likes to sit on it too.
I sewed a light blue fabric remnant to the back and turned and top stitiched it. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Karina said...

oh i would love to get this so leia could have a place to drive her cars.

doreen said...

It's funny that you mentioned that, because after I made it I asked Rocky if he thought I could sell them and he said yes. . . I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can find more of the fabric.

Jennifer said...

oooo, that is soo cute! great idea.

Christi said...

what an awesome idea :)